\

Monday, August 24, 2015

August: Random Muse!

Just thought I would share a few random things that have inspired me this month. I'm thinking this might be a regular series on the blog...... Maybe.
 {Obsessed withAfrican literature}

~My dad always pushed my siblings and I to develop a reading habit from a tender age. I embrace this ideology... Knowledge is indeed power~
 {Adding sugar to flowers}

~ I do not like flowers. Well, maybe just orchids. Either way, I learnt a neat trick to preserve flowers by adding a little sugar to the water~
 {Appreciating flats}

~Ever since I fractured my foot last October, I was forced to wear flat shoes for a while. Since then, I have slowly discovered an ignored elegance in flats and there's nothing as good as being stylish and comfortable  all in one go. True story!~

~If you like a very chilled spot in Westlands, with great food and creative decor, this is the place to be~


{Applauding Uber Duka}

~I am proud of the artistic creativity I have come across in various parts of Africa. I applaud individuals/ organizations like Uber Duka, who are a community marketplace developed to create an online presence for various crafts from local artisans~

6 comments:

  1. Love this kind of post! I vote YES to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally loving the food presentation - Looks amazing.
    http://tastiedine.wordpress.com {Foodie Heaven}
    TD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally loving the food presentation - Looks amazing.
    http://tastiedine.wordpress.com {Foodie Heaven}
    TD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need new names is the funniest book i have read in a while. Had me laughing from page one. It's a beautiful African story told through the eyes of an african child.

    ReplyDelete